Saturday, January 12, 2008

Dodo intenret

Dodo has the most ridiclous customer services I would say, if you ever consider to change your internet provider, don't consider Dodo at all!! Although it's a bit cheaper than the other IP providers, it's still not worth to look at.
I changed my IP provider to Dodo 4 months ago, I wanted to use ADSL 2 but the sales person said I can't use it, so I signed the ADSL plan and 2 days later, I found out from the Dodo website that I can actually use the ADSL2. I rang up and asked if I can change, then the salesperson helped me to change and she said I need to wait about 2 weeks. 3 weeks laer, I haven't heard anything from Dodo so I rang them up again and then they said there's something wrong with my phone line but they'll make it works a week later. So I wait again and finally they got me the service before Chiristmas. When I tried to connect to the internet, it wasn't working at all, the first time I rang the technical support, they said I cannot use ADSL 2 with a normal ADSL modem. Acutally, I have asked them about this issue before I sign up, and the salespeson said no problem, but now they said I can't use the same modem. Anyway, I bought a new modem the other day and tried to connect but I still can't. I called the technical support again and then you can't believe what they told me.
They said I cannot use the internet because I have been using my old phone line. SO WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? that means Dodo has installed a new phone line for me while I only have one phone line, one phone socket and one phone at home!!! HOW ON EARTH COULD I USE TWO PHONE LINE IF I ONLY HAVE ONE PHONE? AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN GIVE ME MY NEW PHONE NUMBER! how can I suppose to know I have a new phone while nobody let me know? not even from the salesperson! I was on fire and used all the words that I have known to blame that manager. He said it's my fault coz I didn't sign up the service as a transfer but a new customer. HOW ON EARTH CAN I KNOW I AM A NEW CUSTOMER? NEW SERVICE? NEW CONNECTION when I have already told you I have my phone line and phone service??? Do your sales people have any common sense? And also how can you install a new phone line for your customer without telling them they're going to have new number?
So those suckers promised me to make my internet works with the old phone line and one week later the tech. people came over and said I have to use my new phone line to use the internet because no one tell them i have to change my phone line back to the old one. I was so damn angry and complain to the Telecommunication Industry Ombudsman immediately and they asked me to call the head department (customer service i suppose).
That jerk said it's all my fault because i didn't sign up as a transfer, but then I said they didn't told me I sign up as a new service either and he promise to change me back to the old line, and thank god someone really did came over few days later to change back to the old phone line.
2 weeks later (which is last week), my phone and internet suddenly disconnected in the middle of the night without any reason. I called Dodo the next morning and they said the service was cancelled because that jerk at the head department has acutally cancelled my whole account so that i can change back to my old phone line!!!! they asked me to sign up a new plan immediately so that I can have my service back. (my phone didn't even have dial tone). It was so mess up and I didn't know what to do so I sign up again and they tell me they'll ask someone to call me back in the afternoon. But of course no one will call me, so I called them again and they said they can't connect me coz my phone is now with Telstra!!!!!!!!
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!! I asked them what the hell was going on and they said my phone line was never transfer to Dodo and they can do nothing about it !!! WTF??? WHY SOMEONE SO EASY WILL BECOME SO MESS UP NOW? I was standing all day from 10am till 5pm at the public phone stand just talk to those Dodo asshole and Telstra people, and finally Telstra said my phone was with them since November!!!! But I think it's lucky... coz i don't need to change anymore... i will just stick with Telstra forever... they sent someone over and fixed everything for on Thur and now i can use my phone and internet again...
phew.... hope nothing will happen anymore...
i strongly suggest people not to consider Dodo... it has the worst service ever

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the last part was jaw-dropping. i hope it's over and you'll not have to deal with those people anymore. it sounds like they have made one simple mistake but no one wants to fix it (with common sense). anyway i'm glad that you have your internet connection back :)

Suki said...

The last part was sooooo crazy and guese what, the telstra technician said my phone line was messed up and connected to something else that's why my phone and internet arn't working. I strongly suspect that someone from Dodo came over and did it at night!! coz that night I used the internet till 2am and one hour later (I couldn't sleep, so i woke up and use the internet again) everything isn't working!! if no one came to mess it up, how on earth can my phone line connect to somthing else? i don't even know where my phone line is....