Sunday, November 8, 2009

sculpture by the sea, sydney, australia

I heard about this event for so many years but yet this is the first time I went to Sculpture by the Sea. My friend Julian was suppose to be at my home by 9am but this guy was so late that we can't even have breakfast at the Bondi Iceberg cafe!
bondi beach, sydney, australia
After lunch we went straight to the Bondi Walk and it's absolutely fantastic! The weather was great, not too hot, lots of people though.
sculpture by the sea

SO many people! I love this sculpture!

sculpture by the sea
sculpture by the sea

sculpture by the sea
sculpture by the sea
sculpture by the sea

This one is so cool !!
sculpture by the sea

This was actually a real person !! Oh my God!! We all thought this poor fisherman was a sculpture and took a few pictures and then he started moving ! Oh no....

sculpture by the sea

sculpture by the sea
sculpture by the sea

Sometimes we just don't know if that's actually a sculpture or what, we just take a photo of everything!
sculpture by the sea
sculpture by the sea

It's a shame that there's nothing much to explain the art works, somehow I wish there are more details like who the artist was, what's he/she wanted to explain to us. But yeh... on the other hand, art is difficult to explain, maybe this is what the artist wanted to explain, but you think it's another way round. I remember a songwriter/ musician once said, after she wrote that song, that song no longer hers, whatever the listeners think, it's alright. I think it's very true. All arts are the same.


sculpture by the sea
sculpture by the sea
sculpture by the sea
sculpture by the sea
sculpture by the sea

We were only half way!! Mainly because we parked our car for 3 hours only and we spent like an hour at the restaurant waiting for food. Also my young friends are very weak and doesn't want to walk...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

We have this in Perth and I've never been. Love the photos you have taken, amazing arwork. I once went to Chicago and got to go to the Navy Pier where they have sculptures everywhere like that but all the time. Was so much fun! Thanks for sharing.