Monday, May 26, 2008

more designs

sometimes you wait ages to get new ideas but sometimes you just get it in a blink! Like these days, I have so many ideas in my mind and what I need to do is find some time to draw them out.



i try to print the fabric with rubber stamp but it turned out not as good as I thought. There's always some limitation between printing methods. Screen print has perfect print out but it's expensive and time comsuming. Block print is cheap and neat but it's hard to control the outcome... I really wish I am an expert of printing, but the more I think about it the easier to get nuts...



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love that, you are so clever!!! I really should get some more stamps made from you sometime soon! The pattern looks gorgeous hand stamped by the way, I like the slightly imperfect nature of it.

Suki said...

haha... I never consider myself as "clever"... hahahah... My stamp caving skills are getting much better now as I have no other way to print things but using my stamps! haha... I have a gocco machine though but I still find stamping is easier to control (and cheaper) haha!
Love to cut stamp for you ANY TIME you wish! Send me the pic and I'll do it for you straigt away!!

Unknown said...

Oh wow, that looks great. I know what you mean about controlling the outcome, but I bet the inconsistencies is what makes it look lovely, but when you make it yourself you don't see that, you just see mistakes!

LOVE the design!

Suki said...

Thank you Anna! That's so true! I only see mistakes!! But it kind of like pushing me to do better next time....