Saturday, March 6, 2010

French Film Festival 2010

I have to admit that I don't quite understand Amelie when I first watched it 10 years ago, but I started to fall in love with the character, the music, the humor and the beauty of the movie after the second (or the third?) time. And after the 5 years of absence, Jean-Pierre Jeunet, the director of Amelie, finally made a new movie called "Micmacs (Micmacs à Tire-La rigot) " The trailer looks good. Hopefully it won't take as much time as the last one for me to understand...



Anyway, few more movies that I really want to watch

Coco Chanel and Igor Stravinsky



I just finished watching the one with Audrey Tautou in it, the movie was beautiful but it's not good enough, it's like only telling you the story of Coco Chanel, but it only touches a little bit of everything, it didn't go deep into it and give you the feeling. Coco Chanel suppose to have a very extraordinary life but in the movie, it just tell you the life, not the extraordinary part. It motivated me to go to the bookstore to look at the books though, so finger crossed for this movie.

Every Jack has a Jill (Jusqu’à toi)



Love this kind of romantic comedy.



I don't know why I love world war 2 movies, this movie actually remind me The Pianist, it's heavy but I love it.

Gainsbourg: Je T’Aime…Moi Non Plus



Tribute to artist Monsieur Gainsbourg

No comments: