Tuesday, June 3, 2008

what I have bought today


Fianlly got the chance to visit Bird Textile in Surry Hills
Actually it's right in front of my door and I saw the business coming from decorating to grand opening. I've been living here for 4 years and I couldn't think of anything excited me more than Bird Textile. But usually I couldn't get the chance to visit the store coz the opening hours is the same as my working hours. Sometimes I was very broke and I knew once I step inside the store, it would get me more broke so I better stay away from the store.
Anyway, I thought bird textile is only a textile design store? Wrong! It's actually the first clmiate neutral business started in 18xx as a pharmacy in Surry Hills!! And a hundred years later, the store came back as a eco friendly textile shop and do the business on the same street!!! HOW COOL IS THAT!
The fabrics are a bit expensive about $80-100 a meter, but they're all hand printed in Byron Bay, NSW, Australia and again of course the fabrics are eco friendly. Bird textile also has dress, home decor and bags. If you have a chance to come to Surry Hills, you can find it on 380 Cleveland street.

No comments: